Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:32:56 +0900

Óscar Fuentes writes:

 > > And what happens if he actually uses a feature branch?
 >
 > Then he should use the adequate workflow for a feature branch.

People DO NOT DO WHAT THEY SHOULD DO.  If they did, we wouldn't be
having this discussion.  Instead, they look for shortcuts, for
convenience, for the familiar.

 > [snip]
 > > I think there's a lot of room for icky things[tm] to happen if
 > > the bzr-update-and-work-on-trunk discipline is mixed with the
 > > push-through-a-dedicated-trunk-mirror-branch discipline.
 >
 > Can you describe some of those icky things?

No.  If I could describe them, I wouldn't be so adamant about a
SINGLE, fairly simple, flexible, socially adapted workflow that works
for almost everybody.  I'd figure out a workflow that is more adapted
to existing Emacs usage, with a straightforward upgrade path to "full
tilt boogie" exploitation of advanced DVCS features.  Wouldn't you?

Why do I expect them?  Feel free to review the "how do I get myself
out of here" threads on any of the DVCS user lists if you must have
examples.  There are plenty on address@hidden