Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:43:06 -0500

    Next I am going to bootstrap it with the changes I got with a `bzr
    pull'.

Succeeds when started from a shell (as I said earlier, "My Enlightment
menu does not, but we will wait on that.").  The bootstrap took 54
minutes:

    real    54m56.306s
    user    36m5.735s
    sys     2m15.256s

(I also did some other things; hence, I spent more than an hour on the
bootstrap.)  Presumably,

    (progn
      (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk")
      (compile
       "time make -k -C lisp autoloads \
        EMACS=/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs && \
        cd lisp && \
        time make EMACS=/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs"))

    (progn
      (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/trunk")
      (compile "time make -k"))

will be quicker.  (I wish the source had stayed in the emacs/ directory
or you had said how to bring it into there; as is, my emacs/ directory
has only three directories in it .bzr, quickfixes, and trunk; no plain
files at all.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                                 address@hidden