Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:33:39 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:04, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> If somehow the rebase finds a conflict on the ChangeLog for every
> rebased revision, you could fix the dates. I know by experience that
> Subversion generates a conflict every time two changes append lines to a
> file. If bzr generates a conflict when two changes happen at the top of
> the ChangeLog file, you could arrange things for this to happen: the
> first revision should conflict right away; for the second revision to
> conflict, you'll need to leave the top of the ChangeLog on a way that it
> can't merge the second revision, etc.

I'd rather have Bazaar not to generate a conflict for changes at the
top of the file; it's common enough, and I've had my share of them on
CVS :-)

That said, what you propose could work, but of course it's quite
hackish. Let's hope someday the rebase plugin will grow an option to
rebase interactively, stopping before the commit.

    Juanma