.gdbinit permissions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: .gdbinit permissions
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 15:41:51 +0200

The permissions of the .gdbinit file after "bzr branch" are
"-rw-rw-rw-" (I guess that's subject to your umask).  Latest versions
of GDB frown on world-writable .gdbinit files, and will not read them.
(GDB announces this in its startup messages, but it's easy to miss
that in all the noise that's going on when you begin debugging.)

I don't remember if CVS avoided this somehow, or I fixed it manually
where it mattered; what I see now is that some of my CVS trees have it
"-rw-rw-r--", while others have it like in the bzr branches.

I don't know if this can be fixed in the repository, but I thought I'd
at least let people know about this.  To fix this locally, type:

         chmod o-w .gdbinit

from your shell prompt, or use the `M' command within Dired.