Re: BZR error!

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: BZR error!
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:46:32 +0100

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 16:33, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> The question is rather, from a practical point of view: Why have
> migrated to Bazaar and not to git?  Up to now, the whole issue is just
> a political decision (which I really, really don't like) with ENDLESS
> pain.

Endless pain? Most of the "pain" is apparently because of complexity,
and a cursory look at git's documentation shows that git is not the
cure for complexity, not by a long shot. I happen to like git, BTW, so
no need to try to convince me that it is good; but the sheer number of
options in each command just looks like a joke.

For me, the main pain right now, other than trying to decide the
appropriate workflows (which would happen with any dVCS), is slowness
accessing the repository; but that's not a flaw of Bazaar. Once the
Savannah admins switch us over to bzr+ssh, speed of access should stop
being a concern.

    Juanma