Re: Surely 'bzr branch' shouldn't be this slow?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Surely 'bzr branch' shouldn't be this slow?
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:23:40 +0200

> From: Óscar_Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:06:37 +0100
>
> 39 minutes for branching outside the shared repository corresponds to a
> slow machine. It is 10 minutes on a GNU/Linux 2.4 GHz 64 bits
> worksation-class machine.

I don't think the time it takes to make the original branch (or a
branch outside the shared repo) is CPU-bound.  It took me 50 minutes
on a 3GHz Windows machine with a single hyperthreaded core, and the
CPU time used by bzr never went up to more than 25%.

It's possible that the speed of the network connection is much more
important.  Mine is 3.5Mbps, in case it matters.