Re: bzr handholding: restoring deleted file

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bzr handholding: restoring deleted file
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 16:15:30 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Does the following trick work?
>
>   bzr revert `bzr deleted`

Yes.

> I think
>
>   bzr merge --force
>
> is what you want.  It may even restore the deleted files, but I didn't
> try.

No, it doesn't restore any deleted files.

So I guess this means there is no direct analogy for `cvs/svn update'.
Which is fine and I can understand why (deleting counts as a local
change, like modifying a file). But it would have been nicer to have
it more prominently explained, as requested in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/191466

Anyway, the real lesson here is that in place of:

rm foo
cvs up foo

I should use

bzr revert --no-backup foo