Re: Getting full bug database dump?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Getting full bug database dump?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:31:00 -0500

>Debbugs has a SOAP interface. Via this, you can retrieve bug data in XML
>format.

Ah, thanks!  Yidong already made a dump, which I'm fetching (once my ssh
to fencepost is working), so I'll just make a note of the SOAP interface.

>A while ago, I've started to write a package xesam-debbugs.el. It ask
>interactively for a filter of the bugs, retrieves them via the SOAP
>interface, and displays them in a buffer. Everything asynchronously,
>Emacs is not blocked.
>
>The package is unfinished. I lost interested when I found out, that the
>SOAP interface of debbugs does not support sorting (which is
>inconvenient for a larger number of bugs returned).
>
>However, it might be worth to continue the work?

Hmm.  I can see how it would be useful, but if it would still be
one-way, I'm not it would be worth it... If it integrated with
message-mode, to make it two-way, that would be something.