Re: How to debug modification to a variable value?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: How to debug modification to a variable value?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:24:38 +0100

Andreas Roehler <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Andreas,

> what about to run a form with "assert MY-Values last-command
> this-command" with a timer in background, so it's signaled as soon the
> var is changed?

I think that timer would need to run every fraction of a second to have
a chance to point me in the right direction.

Have a look at Davis last message.  He spotted the error: a small
function was added to `after-save-hook' globally, but it must be there
only buffer-locally.  The assert has to be evaluated exactly when that
function is executed, to point me into the right direction.

I guess the watchpoint approach is more exact, and I'll learn how to do
that as soon as I find some time.

Bye,
Tassilo