Re: No commit in vc?

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: No commit in vc?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:44:05 -0800 (PST)

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

  > Eli Zaretskii skrev:
  > >> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:57:02 +0100
  > >> From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>
  > >> Cc: address@hidden
  > >>
  > >> I didn't mark any files.   Probably vc takes that to mean the same
  > >> as marking edited files.  This is a bug in vc that it tries to
  > >> check in individual files.
  > >
  > > What does VC do with other back ends when no files are marked?
  > >

  > If all modified files are in the same state (i.e. edited, as they
  > where in this case), vc commits them all.  This is true for Git and
  > CVS at least.

No, that's not how things are committed.

If any entry is marked, then it tries to commit the set of marked
entries.

If no entry is marked, then it tries to commit the entry the cursor is on.
  - If the cursor is on a file, it will commit that file
  - If the cursor is on "./", or on any of the lines preceding
  "./" it will commit the current directory