M-x debug

From: RandomDiscourse
Subject: M-x debug
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:10:18 -0800 (PST)

Just as I have written it in the Subject, this command exists. It acts
differently then "M-x gdb", and for the life of me, I can find absolutely no
documentation on it.

Years ago, when I was doing a lot of programming with EMACS, this was the
command I used to do my debugging. Recently I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 on a
laptop of mine and started to doing a little coding. I'm pulling my hair out
now trying to get a decent debuging environment working in EMACS.

My questions are as follows:

Is there anything unique about "M-x debug", or is it just a mirror of
another debugging command?

>From memory, the debugging interface this command provided was superb.

Seth