Re: custom-reevaluate-setting / custom-initialize-delay

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: custom-reevaluate-setting / custom-initialize-delay
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:58:53 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> The problem is for customization variables which use
> custom-initialize-delay and are autoloaded, because autoload.el ends up
> stripping away the custom-initialize-delay.
>
> So either we should fix autoload.el to handle this correctly or we
> should not use ;;;###autoload on such defcustom.

It's up to you of course, but IMO since this only affects one
variable, just fixing it "by hand" with a manual autoload of
custom-initialize-delay (together with a doc-fix for said function)
seems fine for 23.2. Sendmail.el already manually autoloads the
saved-value property for some years for similar reasons.