Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:57:01 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > The second sentence explains the rationale behind this feature.  But
 > in this case, Bob mistakenly added a single file, and that ended up
 > adding the whole directory.

I don't think so.  I read that doc as saying it adds ancestors, but
not their contents, and a quick test shows it to be so:

$ mkdir test; cd test; bzr init
Created a standalone tree (format: 2a)
$ mkdir subdir
$ for i in foo bar; do echo $i > subdir/$i; done
$ bzr add subdir/foo
adding subdir
adding subdir/foo
$ bzr status
added:
  subdir/
  subdir/foo
unknown:
  subdir/bar
$

I don't know what Bob did, but I think it was more inclusive
(presumably by Bazaar DWIM behavior) than adding a single file.