RE: test for a (really) visible frame? test if a frame is the only (real

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: test for a (really) visible frame? test if a frame is the only (really visible) one?
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:32:17 -0800

> > 4. It is impossible to test whether a given frame is a
> >    terminal frame. There is no predicate for this and no
> >    frame parameter that indicates this.
>
> See `framep' (and `frame-live-p').

OK; thanks for that reminder.

But I don't think that helps with the other problems. In particular, how to
distinguish the extra, special, never seeable (but always "visible") `--daemon'
frame as such. For example, how to distinguish that from an ordinary terminal
frame, which AFAIK _will_ show if you delete the other visible frames.

It is #6 that I am really most interested in: test whether a given frame is the
sole frame visible to the eye. (#5 also, since it would presumably provide a way
to test #6.)

And the simple use case mentioned: