Re: integer overflow

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: integer overflow
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:06:32 +0100

> I have heard that Guile now supports Emacs Lisp.  And it has bignums.
> So if we make Emacs use Guile, that will automatically provide
> bignums.

My first reaction to that would be "Whoa, whoa, whoa!".

The second that "librep" might be an easier starting point for migrating
the Lisp engine.  After all, it was designed to be like Emacs Lisp.
>From glancing over the wording of the manual, it appears to be a one-man
project.  Given his motivation of imitating Emacs Lisp, it is
conceivable that he would not be averse to copyright assignment.

Anyway: supplanting Elisp is not exactly a small-hearted task.  Even
making the lexbind branch the default would be quite some change (being
able to write lexical closured would be nice, though).

--
David Kastrup