Re: tramp mode not working on OSX with dev HEAD

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: tramp mode not working on OSX with dev HEAD
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 09:03:32 -0800

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:

Michael> See, whether there is an error. If there is no error, test the script
in
Michael> the shell:

No error.

Michael> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Michael> tramp_perl_file_name_all_completions /tmp
Michael> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And that reports a bunch of files in /tmp, just fine.

{boggle}

What can I try next?

Is it possible that a pty-based /bin/sh is acting differently
from a non-pty-based shell?

No... just tried that...

  ssh insightcruises.com /bin/sh
  (paste those two things)

And that worked as well.

Gaah.

What else can I do to help?  Unfortunately, I can't hand out accounts
on that machine. :(

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>