Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right b

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right by default on UNIX.
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:06:28 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>>> That's pretty flimsy...
>>
>> Not really in that it makes perfect sense. Most keyboard jockeys use a
>> scroll bar to indicate relative positioning with most apps, and it being
>> on the right IS out of the way and it being on the right is more
>> consistent with the HUGE majority of other desktop applications.
>
> ... those are pretty flimsy too.
>
> -Miles

You keep calling things that are pretty obvious and core to UI design
issues "flimsy" while offering little in objection. I guess your mind is
made up.

Frankly I am surprised you think its "flimsy" to make it consistent with
the vast majority of other desktop applications. I call it very
important.

regards,

r.