Re: Customize UI

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Customize UI
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:34:03 +0200

>> ** Move sub-group links to the top of the Customize buffer.
>>    This will make the group tree navigation much easier.
>>    Most file browsers do the same: they put links to subdirectories
>>    before links to files (in Customize, options are analogous to files,
>>    and groups - to directories).
>
> `custom-browse-order-groups' does this, BTW.  I have no objections to
> changing the default to `first'.

I see there are three related options:

(defcustom custom-browse-order-groups nil
(defcustom custom-buffer-order-groups 'last
(defcustom custom-menu-order-groups 'first

After setting `custom-buffer-order-groups' to `first', some groups
push the options off the screen.  To make a list of links to sub-groups
to occupy less lines, maybe we should remove empty lines between
sub-group links when `custom-buffer-order-groups' is `first'?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/