Re: gnus: 'active' file for nnml:* getting out of sync

From: Didier Verna
Subject: Re: gnus: 'active' file for nnml:* getting out of sync
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:28:51 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16 2010, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>
>> I have noticed with a relatively recent trunk copy that if I compress
>> nnml folders with 'G z' of if I compact the entire nnml server in the
>> server buffer, by typing '^', then close and reopen Gnus a few times,
>> then new messages are marked as already 'old' ('O' marker) even if they
>> just arrived in the particular nnml folder.
>
> Seems like a bug in the nnml compaction feature.  Didier?

Been a while since I touched it (I'm using nnimap now) but I'll try to
look at it.

Giorgos, what do you mean by "new": do you mean unread messages that are
here before compaction, or messages that arrive afterwards ?

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com