Re: AW: delete-selection-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: AW: delete-selection-mode
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:34:07 +0200

>>> That is true. They apply to different dimensions. The first is your
>>> personal preference. The second refers to a fact.
>>
>> C'mon, chill...
>
> There are better ways to say that you do not agree.

Lennart, I'm surprised that you think shift-selection is not
an inferior method of marking a region.  To me this is one
of the main reasons I can't edit text outside of Emacs:
typing arrow keys deactivates the selection, you can't go
to the beginning of the selection without deactivating it,
and many more disadvantages.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/