RE: delete-selection-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: delete-selection-mode
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:52:55 -0700

>     If people are unfamiliar with `delete-selection-mode' and
>     do not want to make it the default behavior, fine. But
>     please do not mess with the behavior of
>     `delete-selection-mode'. It does not need to be "fixed".
>
> If some users like `delete-selection-mode' as it stands, there is no
> reason to change it.
>
> This discussion was started as a response to requests from beginners.
> Enabling `delete-selection-mode' by default was proposed as a way to
> satisfy them.  But if we change the default, we don't have to use
> `delete-selection-mode'.  We could use something different for this
> purpose if it is more suitabe.

Thank you.

Let's finish with the original proposal, at least, to get that out of the way
one way or the other. Depending on that decision, we can always consider other
changes.

Given d-s-mode _as it is_, do people think it should be enabled by default?
That's the question.

If the consensus is strong enough that in its current form it should not become
the default, fine. But let's at least give Juri's proposal a clear judgment.