RE: next emacs version?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: next emacs version?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 16:26:02 -0700

> And as I said, I cannot even reproduce the bug itself on
> Windows, starting with emacs -Q, in any release that I have.
> That seems to indicate that the bug (and hence your approach)
> might be platform-specific. (Or perhaps the bug report and
> fix description are not clear.)

Indeed, the bug history does indicates that this is platform-specific. As you
yourself said in the bug history, it depends whether your `ls' supports --dired.

The bug history then says that it fails if you set `dired-use-ls-dired' to nil.
So that could presumably be tested in the "unit-test" code you suggest
inserting.

But even that isn't true on Windows (perhaps because it uses `ls-lisp'). Setting
`dired-use-ls-dired' to nil does not manifest the bug.