Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:58:42 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>> But other than that, shift-selection should be the same as t-m-m-style
>> selection as far as possible -- for instance, there should not be a
>> different set of commands available for "shift-selected" regions than
>> there are for regions created using traditional Emacs commands.
>
> I think some of these problems have been addressed in cua-mode. Maybe
> it would be good to use what is in cua-mode more?

Er, what "problems" do you mean?  Shift-select (without CUA mode) works
quite well currently.  What I'm arguing against is David/RMS's apparent
goal of making shift-select _worse_...

[and CUA mode is generally such a mess that I'm very skeptical of
adopting anything from it...]

-Miles

--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.