Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:55:16 -0400

I have had delete-selection-mode enabled for several days
and I have not noticed it at all.  It's possible that it caused
a deleteion I did not notice, but I don't think so.

This personal experience is not enough to convince me that it is ok to
make self-inserting chars delete the region when it was activated with
C-SPC.  Different people have different editing styles.
I activate the region very rarely; someone else who uses it more
might experience more problems.

It would be good to get reports from other people about how it affects
them.