Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:52:59 +0200

Jan D. wrote:

I've published a new branch...

I have build that, but when I start Emacs, I don't 'see' any tabs. How can we enable those? I have a desktop file which opens several file when I start Emacs, so I would expect to see them in tabs! :-)

Perhaps we need something like 'M-x tabs-mode' (by default possibly! :-))

When I use 'M-x tab-new', I see a single buffer in two tabs. After closing the tabs, switching buffer as usually, with mouse-1/-3 on mode line, Emas becomes very slow, perhaps it hangs...

Anyway, thanks a lot for this new 'era' in Emacs!