Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:02:32 +0300

> I've published a new branch (I hope, it is the first time I do this) that
> adds Gtk+ tabs to Emacs,

Great!

> it is at bzr.savannah.gnu.org/srv/bzr/emacs/gtk-tabs.

Why the branch name is gtk-specific?

I've been thinking about merging the non-toolkit tabs,
but this branch name is too restrictive.

> The TODO file talks about tabs on each window.  To make this happen, at
> least for Gtk+, each window needs to be its own widget, instead of one
> widget per frame as we have now.  This is a bigger task.

Tabs on each window is what tabbar.el already does.  I'm not sure
if Gtk+ tabs are necessary for every window.  Maybe what's need is
to improve tabbar.el to use its own dedicated header window, because
currently it conflicts with modes that use the same single header line
(e.g. Info, proced, ruler-mode).

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/