Re: anything.el inclusion

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: anything.el inclusion
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 16:17:13 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> SM> I don't really know what you guys are talking about.  Can someone give
> SM> an example of what behavior is under discussion here?
>> Ditto, I don't know the anything.el internals well enough.  As a user I
>
> I'm even more lost: my question was not about internals but about behavior.
I think Juri was asking for using the anything filename completion stuff
outside of anything, but it have been build to work with anything, not
with Emacs standard completion system.(See anything-find-files in
anything-config.el)

The real point is the inclusion of the anything framework in Emacs
(anything.el), then, when that is done, emacs developpers will be able to
use it as they want, picking up sources in anything-config.el or using
the actual anything-config.el.(with modification maybe to be more Emacs
compliant)

I suggest integrating in Emacs:
anything.el
anything-config.el
anything-match-plugin.el

these work really well together and provide a lot of features.

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/