Re: Installing changes from branches

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Installing changes from branches
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 21:31:16 +0200

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 21:14, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, IIUC (and last time I checked) this is not quite true, it's
> just a diff w.r.t the head of the branch from which you merge.
> I.e. if this "upstream" branch has been updated since you last merged,
> the diff will include the new changes on the "upstream" branch.  :-(
>
> Hopefully someone will tell me I'm wrong,

I haven't tested it, but that's not what the doc (bzr help revisionspec) says:

submit:

    Diffing against this shows all the changes that were made in this branch,
    and is a good predictor of what merge will do.  The submit branch is
    used by the bundle and merge directive commands.  If no submit branch
    is specified, the parent branch is used instead.

    The common ancestor is the last revision that existed in both
    branches. Usually this is the branch point, but it could also be
    a revision that was merged.

    Examples:

      $ bzr diff -r submit:

    Juanma