Re: http access to source code

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: http access to source code
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 11:39:50 -0400

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>> > bazaar.launchpad.net is down, or times out, most of the time.
>> > This has been the case from the beginning (since the switch
>> > to bazaar).
>>
>> Can you give some more details?  Like, what exact command you tried,
>> what the output was, etc?
>
>Just try to go to
>http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/files/head%3A/lisp/ in a
>Web browser.
>
>You get this message:
>
> Please try again
> Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the Launchpad server.
> Try reloading this page in a minute or two. If the problem
> persists, let us know in the #launchpad IRC channel on Freenode.
> Thanks for your patience.

?  Works for me.  Screenshot at:

  http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/lp-browsing-emacs.png

>[Note BTW that there isn't even a mail address or a bug-report link - just IRC
>access to report problems.]
>
>Or try to download a source file (if you ever do get in to the file listing and
>then to a source-file page), by right-clicking the `download file' tab and
>trying to save.

Sure, I just downloaded 'files.el' on the first try.

>In general, each click of any link gives the `Please try again'
>message.  Occasionally you can get through. Most likely the server is
>simply swamped all the time.

Well, if you have time to go into that IRC channel and report the
problems, it might help them a lot, because you have an ability to
reproduce this that I (at least) don't.

-Karl