Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99848: (compilation-save-buffers

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99848: (compilation-save-buffers-predicate):
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:07:11 -0600

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> I've used several build systems where this is necessary (e.g. a single
Stefan> Makefile at the root, or something equivalent).  I usually work around
Stefan> it with something like M-x compile RET cd ..; make RET, but if `compile'
Stefan> could insert the "cd .." for me when needed it would be even better.

For the specific case of using GNU make, I work around this problem
using

M-x compile make -C /full/path/to/build ...

This causes make to emit the info that Emacs needs to find the real
build directory.

Luckily for me I'm basically only using GNU make for builds, so I
haven't had to find tricks for other systems.

Tom