Re: mailclient-send-it usage of browse-url

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: mailclient-send-it usage of browse-url
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:15:36 +0200

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM, chad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Until someone writes M-x telepathically-fix-smtp-auth-settings, sendmail
> cannot
> easily be configured by end users.  Until sendmail can easily be configured by
> end users, using `open' is a far, far better choice.

Better, but not good enough IMO since it does not work for web mail
and a lot of users might have that. (Perhaps especially those that are
making free software at home. I consider those as an important
target.)

As I have already said (without any response) for those users
browse-url with an intermediate html file (see my prev) reply might be
a better solution. And it probably works for mostly all who have a web
browser.