Re: emacs from head segfaults when run with -nw

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: emacs from head segfaults when run with -nw
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:26:09 +0200

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I start emacs with -nw, it segfaults, if I run with -Q it
> segfaults in a different place,
[...]
> But without -nw it works expecdetly in X11.
>
> This is with -nw, and no -Q:

For the record: I experience the same problem.  Since about start of
April Emacs from trunk segfaults on me regularly sometimes instantly
sometimes after some minutes of use.

As I'm using -nw most of the time (working on a remote system) this
renders HEAD useless to me so I build from 23.1 release sources
yesterday (on the very same system) and it seems to run stable.

This seems to be another indication, that the problem actually lies
within the current source...  :-/

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "Der Nicht-Denkende glaubt, dass niemand denkt,
             : der Denkende weiss es!"