FFI (was: Embedding SQLite)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: FFI (was: Embedding SQLite)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:09:19 +0300

> People are looking into using a similar scheme for dynamic loadable
> plugins in Emacs as already used in GCC. If an acceptable solution is
> found, external libraries can be plugged in at runtime.

I have information that SXEmacs already implements support for
Foreign Function Interface to several libraries including SQLite
and Imagemagick's libWand.

If using its implementation in GNU Emacs is not possible due to legal
reasons, then maybe at least it would be a good idea to implement
FFI in GNU Emacs compatible with SXEmacs.  In this case all existing
library bindings will be readily available for GNU Emacs.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/