printing SVG images from Emacs?

From: joakim
Subject: printing SVG images from Emacs?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:49:02 +0200

In my particular use-case I would like to manipulate SVG images in
Emacs and print them.

Currently I use a shell script like this:
,----
| #!/bin/sh
| PSFILE="/tmp/svgtops.ps"
| inkscape --export-ps=$PSFILE $1
| gtklp $PSFILE
`----
and I can of course wrap it in a little Elisp etc. (the shellscript is
convoluted because theres a bug in Inkscapes --print code)

However, it would be nicer if ps-print-buffer could print Images, but it
doesnt seem able to unless my setup is broken. I found some support to
print background images for text buffers that is all.

--
Joakim Verona