Text in Gtk tool bar. (Was: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.)

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Text in Gtk tool bar. (Was: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:58:02 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev:
For the GUI-part it is just a matter of not turning off text, like we do
now.

That's a very Gtk-centric point of view.  The Lucid version begs to
differ,

Actually there is no lucid toolbar, it is just native code and redisplay. You get it even without using lucid. Actually, a lucid tool bar replacement would be a good thing, but then lucid would be a requirement.

Anyway, I checked in the possibilty to have text in the tool bar. Just for Gtk+ for now, I'm working on the native one.

See variable tool-bar-style for styles. The default is taken from Xsettings (i.e. Gnome setting).

The code tries to generate a text for tool bar items based on key and caption. This sometimes fails, so the property :label can be set on tool bar items. I've done this for a few items I saw at once, I'm sure plenty remain.

        Jan D.