Text in Gtk tool bar. (Was: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.)

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Text in Gtk tool bar. (Was: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:58:02 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev:
For the GUI-part it is just a matter of not turning off text, like we do

That's a very Gtk-centric point of view.  The Lucid version begs to

Actually there is no lucid toolbar, it is just native code and redisplay. You get it even without using lucid. Actually, a lucid tool bar replacement would be a good thing, but then lucid would be a requirement.

Anyway, I checked in the possibilty to have text in the tool bar. Just for Gtk+ for now, I'm working on the native one.

See variable tool-bar-style for styles. The default is taken from Xsettings (i.e. Gnome setting).

The code tries to generate a text for tool bar items based on key and caption. This sometimes fails, so the property :label can be set on tool bar items. I've done this for a few items I saw at once, I'm sure plenty remain.

        Jan D.