RE: Add function to make frame topmost?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Add function to make frame topmost?
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 07:01:21 -0700

> > I think this is useful for reminders/appointments, log tail
> > buffers etc.
>
> I don't get it.  Why insist that the window should be
> topmost?  For a log tail buffer, I'd hate if it was topmost,
> that is just a waste of screen space.

Giving Emacs (hopefully through Lisp) an ability to control (or request)
always-on-top behavior for a frame is not bad.

But any use Emacs itself would make of this feature, and hopefully any use an
Emacs-Lisp programmer would make of it, should give the user control over it. If
there is no way in Emacs Lisp to give the user control, then I would not be in
favor of this.