Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100117: Run kill-emacs when exit

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100117: Run kill-emacs when exiting for display closed or SIGTERM/HUP.
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:03:42 +0900

Jan Djärv writes:

 > > There's really no such thing as "Emacs's current directory".

 > Yes there is, it is what getcwd returns.  Anything else is just
 > cosmetics and not the current directory of the Emacs process.

You're taking the implementation way too seriously.  The question is,
do any users (other than the one named "Jan Djärv", of course) think
that what getcwd() returns is of interest?  I certainly don't, for one
sample point.  And, if the do care at all, how does that rank compared
to the local values of `default-directory'?