RE: use of minibuffer in interactive spec code

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: use of minibuffer in interactive spec code
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:40:53 -0700

> I'm confused. Your message seemed to refer to a "last pretest" in
> january 2009:

I sent a followup message a few minutes after that:

> Sorry, I meant to say that it changed sometime after the last pretest:
> GNU Emacs 23.0.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
> of 2009-07-09 on SOFT-MJASON

However, I realize now that that was not a pretest, let alone the last. I was
mistaking 23.0.96.1 for 23.1.96.1. Sorry for the confusion.

I found a later binary to test with, so I've narrowed it down a bit more than
that July 2009 build. The problem was actually introduced sometime between the
following build and the first pretest (23.1.91.1, 2010-01-02). So that gives
about a 4-month window. I don't have another binary between the two to test,
unfortunately.

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-09-11 on LENNART-69DE564

As to a recipe: I get the same result as you, for your recipe.

I see the problem with my own setup - I don't have a simple recipe from emacs
-Q. But changing to older Emacs builds (2009-07-09 or older) fixes the problem.

Trying to find out where the problem is manifested by my code would take a
while, I'm afraid. I will just bind the predicate to prevent the problem. If I
do get time later to investigate further, I'll let you know. Thx.