Re: Use Core Text for Cocoa Emacs

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Use Core Text for Cocoa Emacs
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:09:33 +0200

Adrian Robert skrev 2010-05-22 10.21:

So you're saying they did what ended up being an inferior job of producing
accessibility APIs.. I still don't see how that is the same as saying "the
heck with you".  Maybe Apple feels its more difficult API results in a
better experience for end users, and that it's better to have a few good
apps then many less good ones.  Or maybe it doesn't, but it was just too
difficult for them to implement something as clean as the Windows approach
given the framework environment they were starting from.  I don't know the
technical details here but I suspect both accessibility approaches were
retrofits.

Gnome/Gtk+ also has a separate accessibility-API.

        Jan D.