Re: support for git commit --amend/--signoff

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: support for git commit --amend/--signoff
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 22:27:57 +0300

> If we only consider Git's and DaRCS's forms of amend, I'd say that the
> "Amend:" header might be a good approach, and that it should specify the
> revision/patch that's amended.  So for Git, you could have a command
> that inserts "Amend: <SHA-1>" and then the backend could check that the
> SHA-1 is the right one (which would avoid accidental use).

A more general variant would be a header that allows to specify
command line arguments like

Arguments: --amend --signoff

This will provide interchangeability: the user will be able to copy
arguments from the *VC-log* buffer to the external command line and
back to the *VC-log* buffer to construct the necessary command line.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/