Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:27:16 +0300

> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:09:44 +0200
> Cc: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, David
> Kastrup <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden
>
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM, James Cloos <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > In Openoffice.org, the arrow keys move logically.
>
> Seems like a mistake to me.

What is the mistake?  What do you think James described by the above
sentence?

> I think switching the visual directions of the arrow will interfere
> badly because using them is most certainly in low level memory (body
> memory) in the user.

What program do you think switched the visual directions of the arrow
keys?  Emacs doesn't do that: the <right> key moves to the right, and
the <left> key moves to the left.  (They didn't, before I made the
changes in the bindings of the arrow keys.)