Re: Frame ordering

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Frame ordering
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:15:56 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman skrev 2010-06-14 18.47:
>>
>> (One of those is for example
>> letting C-x 5 0 show the next Emacs frame instead of what the window
>> manager chooses if a window manager command is used to close the
>> frame.)
>
> Besides, why should C-x 5 0 select another Emacs frame? I often use a
> non-Emacs app, make a new Emacs frame, do some editing and then C-x 5 0 to
> get back to the non-Emacs app, even on OSX.

Just because it would be an easy way to distinguish between the case
when I am closing an Emacs frame and want to stay in Emacs and the
case where I want the window manager decide. Easy to do, easy to
remember. (But maybe some people always wants the window manager to do
it. Then add a flag/defcustom.)