Re: Current head won't build

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Current head won't build
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:38:55 +0300

* 2010-06-15 21:25 (+0200), Andreas Schwab wrote:

> address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
>> Absolutely. I trust "git checkout SOMECOMMIT" to do the right thing.
>
> That does not necessarily mean that you were up-to-date.

Yes, the Emacs Git mirror may not be up-to-date. Also, sometimes
problems may be caused by dirty working directory. In a Git repository
one gets really clean state with commands

    git reset --hard HEAD       # or SOMECOMMIT
    git clean -fdx

(Don't execute those commands unless you know what they do!)

But I have no idea what is causing the problem here.