Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:02:11 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:27:00 +0200
> Cc: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 21:23, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What would you want Emacs to do instead, if it cannot
> > keep up with the input?
>
> Stop reading input until it catches its breath.

This I can at least understand.  AFAIU, this is not the solution that
Lennart is trying to implement, at least his patch does not (and
cannot) do it.

What you want is clear, but I don't think it's possible without
redesigning Emacs.  Basic Emacs design is that it enters redisplay
only _after_ all input is read and processed; you seem to want it to
work the other way around.

Richard, do you think this can be accomplished, at least in principle?