Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:08:18 +0200

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:37:55 +0200
>> Cc: address@hidden

>> > I already did, and I think that code is correct.  Obviously,
>> > clip_changed needs to be set whenever the narrowing changes.
>>

>> Ah, finally. Good.
>>
>> And why do you think that?
>
> Because that's how it is documented.

That is a surprising answer to me. Do you want to explain what you really mean?

I feel quite frustrated and wonder why my message does not reach you.

You are looking for the reason why reconsider_clip_changes does not do
its job. I have said (though maybe not explicitly enough, I don't
know) that it can't because it does not have the information it needs.

It does not have that information because narrow_to_region has erased
it by setting clip_changed to 1.

(And yes, the lines where I check if clip_changed need to be set to 1
should of course go into reconsider_clip_changes.)