Re: Bug statistics

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Bug statistics
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:34:52 -0400

Karl Fogel wrote:

> That page turns out to be just a random 100 out of many bug reports --

It is the 100 most recent reports, most recent first.
This is not "random".

The machine serving the reports is not powerful enough to show more
than about 400 at once.

> I don't know if my periodic rants about our bug tracker have any
> constructive effect.

Not really. They just put my back up, and it's basically just me
trying to deal with these issues. I'm sure you know more constructive
ways to report problems, that are more likely to get results.

Sorry debbugs is not Launchpad, I guess.

> I feel better after them, though.

Good for you.

> An analysis of the number of unique submitters would tell us far more.

I quoted that number in my first email. 1218. Attached is a histogram.