Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:01:42 +0000

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 05:24:42PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> > Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:13:38 +0200
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

> > > I don't mean it's not maintained.

> > No I am getting curious. You obviously know more than me about this.
> > Why do you say wxWidget is ancient? (This is a little bit funny to use
> > the word "ancient" here when Emacs is so old ;-)

> > I know people have had negative opinions about it here before. It
> > looked to me some of it was based on experience, but I am not sure.

> According to their docs, wxWidgets is for C++, not for C, so Emacs
> cannot use it.

In that case, couldn't we just convert our base code to C++, then we
could use wxWidgets.

(Hey, it's over 35 degrees (of the Celsius variety) here in Nuremberg;
this doesn't encourage high quality hacking.  I'm kind of wondering how
far over Europe this blanket of smothering heat extends.)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).