Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:49:08 +0900

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:
> A few weeks ago I was required to translate an old, small Visual Basic
> application to C#. I was less than thrilled with the job, but anyways
> the first thing was to configure Emacs as a C# editor.
> I gave up
> and tried certain popular IDE, out of despair. 15 minutes later my
> client's application, on its basic inception, was running on the screen,
> mostly thanks to an accurate and fast code completion system that not

MS has spent vast amounts of resources pushing C# and .net as hard as
they can.  It's not surprising that VS has very good C# support.

But C# is a minor niche language in the sort of environments where Emacs
is most popular.  Given relatively limited resources for Emacs
development, and the unpopularity of C#, it's hardly surprising that
Emacs C# support is less good....

Quack, n. A murderer without a license.