RE: Emacs learning curve

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs learning curve
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:14:05 -0700

> People that do not get this do not become rigging carpenters---
> they don't get to hang stuff over people's heads.

;-)

Do you have an up/down, left/right, red/green test that potential hangers must
pass?

Consider timing them and counting mistakes as they try to fumble through an
Emacs scrolling and window-splitting exercise.  The final exam could attach
hanging and dropping actions to Emacs keys (with no one onstage, of course).

And now I know where the idea of "upstaging" someone came from.
I knew something good would come of this thread.