Re: CEDET discoverability

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET discoverability
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:16:53 -0400

On 07/13/2010 01:14 PM, Chong Yidong wrote:
David Kastrup<address@hidden>  writes:

semantic documentation consists of a lot of buzzwords, and some
descriptions of its organization (not matching what is installed in
Emacs), but describes pretty much _nothing_ you could actually call or
use in Emacs.

See the chapter "Using Semantic" in the manual, which, appropriately
enough, explains how to use Semantic.

CEDET is a term coined to be a sourceforge project name that contains several independent tools which I maintain as a group.

There is a cedet info manual that describes this and some basic setup, but perhaps it is not in Emacs? In any case it would be inaccurate, as the upstream CEDET install "does stuff" to get everything enabled, whereas in Emacs some of that needs to be turned on individually.

I haven't updated to Emacs 23.2 or the trunk yet beyond what I need for merging code from Emacs for the upcoming structural conversion. It sounds like something I need to do to help answer these kinds of questions.

Eric